Buttery, soft and chewy. This pretzel rolls recipe is the only one you will ever need! Use this recipe for sliders, buns, and more!
One of our FAVORITE bread recipes is homemade pretzels. Homemade pretzels are one of the first food recipes that I ever shared on Gluesticks. It was a recipe that I bought (yes, bought) in 2007 before the days of Pinterest.
Watch our step by step video!
The Only Pretzel Rolls Recipe You’ll Ever Need
The Only Pretzel Rolls Recipe You'll Ever Need
- 1 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 Tbsp. yeast
- 3 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon vegetable oil
Pretzel Roll Bath
- 2 cup hot water
- 1/4 cup baking soda
- melted butter/ kosher salt
- Mix water/yeast. Cover and let it rest for 10 minutes or until it is foamy.
- Mix dry ingredients together. Slowly add water/yeast mixture and oil. Mix until a soft dough forms. Turn out onto lightly floured surface and knead until smooth.
- Spray bowl with non stick cooking spray and return dough to bowl. Cover loosely with a towel and let raise until doubled, about an hour.
- Make a bath for the pretzel rolls by combining the baking soda with hot water and stir until soda is mostly dissolved (it won't dissolve completely).
- When dough is done with the first rise, separate into 16 balls, dip each roll in the baking soda bath and place on a greased baking sheet. Sprinkle with kosher salt. Let rise in a warm spot for 35 minutes.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 15-18 minutes, until GOLDEN brown on top.
- Brush with melted butter.
Can you freeze pretzel rolls?
Do you need to boil pretzel rolls?
What kind of salt should be used when making pretzels and pretzel rolls?
Have you tried the 2-ingredient dough recipe that is floating all over the web? I’m so curious to see how those turn out! Here is a collection of recipes using the 2 ingredient dough from The Gunny Sack.
Welcome! I'm Brandy, mother to 5 darling kiddos and a cute black lab named Toby. My husband is in the Coast Guard so we've lived all over the place, turning each house into a home. I love baking, sewing, making cute things with my kids, and sharing what I've learned with all of you!