A bright, colorful, and glittery St. Patrick’s Day rainbow craft for kids! Use craft paper in a rainbow of colors to make this quick and easy rainbow. Then add cotton balls for the clouds!
Watch our step by step video!
Rainbows are perfect for any time of year, but especially during the month of March. Ruby and I had fun making this sweet little St. Patrick’s Day rainbow craft to brighten up our window.
I love the bold colors and she loves the glitter. We will show you how easy it was to make, and share more rainbow treats and activities at the end of the post!
St. Patrick’s Day Rainbow Craft for Kids
St. Patrick's Day Rainbow Craft
- hot glue gun
- 1" strips of colored cardstock
- White Glue
- Cotton Balls
- 1" white cardstock hearts
- Stagger the lengths of your strips by 1/2" beginning with red. Ex: If your red strip is 8" long, your orange will be 7.5", yellow 7", green 6.5" ...and so on.
- Stack the strips in order of the rainbow colors and staple one side.
- Bring the staggered sides over to the other end and staple.
- Hot glue cotton balls for clouds.
- Spread glue on white hearts with Q-tip or paint brush. COVER in glitter and let dry.
- Cut a long piece of twine and make a knotted loop. Glue to top of the rainbow.
- Glue hearts to the long strings underneath the rainbow (we used hot glue).
Hang on the wall or in a window!
This post is updated version of one originally shared in 2014.
Ready for more fun Rainbow activities?
Colorful, healthy, and delicious. This rainbow fruit platter is always a hit with kids for St. Patrick’s Day!
A great rainy day project for kids! These rainbow and sorting activities are super inexpensive. Stop by Sew Fantastic for the free printable.
Summer Rainbow Wreath | A super easy to make rainbow wreath that will brighten up your door!
Here’s an easy St Patricks Day craft for the kids to make – a rainbow pot o’ gold chain link! I
In honor of St. Patrick’s Day, here’s a fun beading craft for the kids . . . beaded shamrocks!
This fun & colorful rainbow tassel garland (complete with “clouds”) is perfect for any St. Patricks day party or decor to bring in the luck of the Irish! This would be super cute hung over a window!
Rainbow cookies, play dough cookies, tie dyed cookies, call them what you’d like…they are FUN to make! Let the kids get creative and come up with their own swirls and designs. Could also be used for a tie dyed themed activity.
Welcome! I'm Brandy, mother to 5 darling kiddos and a cute black lab named Toby. My husband is in the Coast Guard so we've lived all over the place, turning each house into a home. I love baking, sewing, making cute things with my kids, and sharing what I've learned with all of you!