Stroller Makeover!

I bought this little umbrella stroller awhile ago at Target. It’s nice to have a little one for going to the zoo and museums, etc. But there wasn’t any storage on it, like most umbrella strollers. So I decided to make some.

I bought this fabric to make Kaylee a jumper a couple of months ago, but it matched the stroller so perfectly so I used it for this project instead. I made a bag and lined it with a scrap of corduroy to make it nice and sturdy.
I also made button flaps to strap it to the stroller and for easy removal for cleaning.
I had enough fabric to make a cushion too! Nice and cozy. I found some orange material that was perfect to sew to the border as a ruffle. I didn’t have any batting, so I used some fleece scraps. 3 layers of fleece for the cushioning.
I marked the fabric where the straps would go through, then made large button holes for them to slide through.
That’s it! I left it in the hallway when I was done. Kaylee saw it when she woke up from her nap and it was love at first sight.
She loves pointing at the little birds. She climbed in and sat in it while I pushed her around for an hour. I made lunch, cleaned the living room, got the kids ready to go to the science museum….all while she sat in her stroller. She screamed when it was time to get out and get into the truck. Crazy little girl!

Comments

Okay, I have the SAME stroller and was just thinking yesterday how nice it would be to have some storage with it! We are taking this traveling this week… I don’t think I could whip something up that fast, but this is genius!! And thanks for linking it up to Baby Week!
    ~Alison

Hi Brandy, it’s Julie from It’s Sew Stinkin’ Cute and I am awarding you the Versatile Blogger Award. Please view my site to view the details of the award and pass it along to your newest finds and favorite blogs. Congrats!!!

That’s adorable! What a great job. I love the storage idea. I could definitely use one of those….my sewing skills are not up to par with yours, though! ;)Your little model is cute, too!

Brandy, Reading your blog makes me tired…wow! You do so much with your kiddos-and more! I’m impressed. I think you’d like the learning activity ideas on my blog to share with your children.
    Take a look-http://SMMARTideas.blogspot.com.
    I didn’t see an e-mail address for you. Drop me a line SMMARTideas@hotmail.com
    Enjoyed reading through your blog.

Lisa

Brilliant! These strollers are some much easier to travel with but you’re right – no where to throw some diapers and wipes. I may need to tackle this myself!

Hi there, I found your blog through the thrify home link up today and I’ve signed up to follow! You have so many fabulous ideas!! I look forward to reading more!

Jill

That turned out so cute, I love the little ruffly cushion! Can you guarantee that it will make a child sit still for an hour? Hehe, if you can I’ll make one today!

Love it! My almost 4 year old rides in her stroller occasionally at the mall or when lots of walking is required and i really need a storage bag…..I’ll be making one soon! Thanks for sharing! Link up to my party….terelauritsen.blogspot.com

Very cool!

Thanks for joining Get Your Craft on Thursday at Life As Lori. Please join me next week for another great party.

Very cute! I have a similar stroller. While it was in my trunk a grocery bag spilled and some dish soap leaked onto the seat of the stroller. I’ve yet to figure out how to get it out. I wonder if a seat cover like yours would work. Is it attached in any other way than the strap holes?

Love the fabric – What a darling transformation. The bag on the back is wonderful. Love the ruffles too! Thanks for joining The Sunday Showcase. I greatly appreciate it! Hope you have a wonderful week! ~ Stephanie Lynn

I love the stroller redo- and the fabric. I actually just posted some pincushions on my blog out of the same fabric. Check them out at leafytreetopspot.blogspot.com.

Good work and thanks for sharing.

Tricia

So cute! And smart! I hate using the umbrella stroller because I forget to bring the diaper bag and have nowhere to put my planner or keys. I have the perfect fabric in mind. Thanks!

Your baby’s safety comes first when you are riding them in a buggy try to be more careful and be vigilant enough to avoid accidents.Buying the best baby strollers will be the best way to reduce your worries.There are other products promising you a good buy but be attentive enough to notice their deficits.