Baby’s first Christmas ornament needs to be special. A way to document just how tiny they were that first year. This glitter handprint is an adorable way to do that! A growing family will soon have a collection of adorable handprint ornaments on their tree! This post was originally shared in 2011.
You might also like our thumbprint reindeer ornament (the perfect ornament to make with preschoolers!) or our baking soda ornaments! You can even turn baby’s footprint into a little reindeer. You can put it on a canvas!
Baby’s 1st Christmas Ornament
How To Make a Handprint Glitter Ornament
- Ornament (glass, plastic, or porcelain ornament—I used glass ornaments)
- Fine glitter (not basic craft glitter, you want it to be fine and more powdery)
- Mod Podge
- Small paint brush
- Permanent marker
Glitter Handprint Ornaments
Baby's First Ornament: Glitter Handprint
- paint brush
- Fine glitter not basic craft glitter, you want it to be fine and more powdery
- Mod Podge
- Brush a layer of mod podge onto baby's hand then press the hand against the ornament.
- If it isn't a perfect print you can fill in any areas with a small paint brush and a bit more mod podge.
- Sprinkle fine glitter over the handprint. Shake off excess glitter and let the ornament dry.
- Write the date on the back with a permanent marker. If there's room you can add baby's birth stats!
- Add ribbon to hang the ornament and hang on the Christmas tree.