3 More Baby Gifts To Make
This type of blanket is extremely easy to make. In fact, another friend saw it and asked me to show her how to make one for her baby boy. We had a great time visiting and sewing and it was her first sewing project!
Flannel Baby Receiving Blanket Tutorial
- 2 yards of fabric (one for each side of the blanket)
- 2 packages of double fold bias tape
- sewing machine
- Lay your fabrics on top of each other (right sides facing out) and then fold in half lengthwise, and then width wise. It should now look somewhat like a square. Using a bowl or round edge, trace the bottom right corner (opposite from the fold) along the edge to round the corners of the blanket. Cut.
- When you open your fabric you should have 4 nice rounded corners.
- Now all you need to do is finish the edging which requires sewing on your bias tape. The best tutorial that I have seen online is on Made. There is no reason for me to create another one for you so I will just link to Dana’s.
- Once your bias tape is sewn in place your blanket is finished! It is so fun to see baby Uriah snuggled in his blanket at church. Such a rewarding feeling!