A cozy place to read or watch TV. This bean bag chair sewing pattern is easy to follow and perfect to sew up for kids or adults! This post was originally shared in 2013, but has been updated with revised pattern links. This post contains affiliate links.
Homemade Bean Bag Chair
Making your own bean bag chair might seen intimidating, but it’s actually a fun project! This bean bag pattern comes in two sizes! For kids or adults. You can make a liner and fill it with bean bag pellets, or simply make the outer shell and fill the inside with stuffed animals! The stuffed animals are cozy and are an inexpensive filler, and it provides toy storage at the same time.
Bean Bag Chair Sewing Pattern
It took me about 2 hours to make this fun chair and I foresee more in the future. The pattern is a free one from Stardust shoes. The website is no longer around, but I still have the pdf patterns and instructions so you’re in luck!
Bean Bag Chair Supplies
- 3 yards (kid) or 6 yards (adult) of fabric for the inner lining
- 3 yards (kid) or 6 yards (adult) of fabric for the outside cover
- Scraps of coordinating fabric for the appliqué
- 30” of 3⁄4” wide hook Velcro
- Bean bag pellets (1 bag for kid size, 3 bags for adult size) or pillow stuffing
- Printable Pattern (KIDS) or (ADULT)
Best Fabrics To Use For a Homemade Bean Bag Chair
- Outer layer: home decor fabric, canvas, lightweight denim (something sturdy)
- Inner lining: cotton (I used broadcloth, but an old sheet would work great!)