Have you tried Yum Yum sauce before? It is also called Japanese White Sauce at some restaurants.
Scroll down for some FAQ on making yum yum sauce.
Homemade Yum Yum Sauce
- 1-1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon ketchup or tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Mix ingredients together. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- *Do not use light mayo.
- *Make sure to refrigerate at least 8 hours.
Can I use light mayonnaise in this Yum Yum sauce recipe?
You can, but it won’t taste as good. We’ve had it both ways and it is definitely better with regular mayonnaise.
How long should I wait before using the Yum Yum sauce?
6 hours or overnight. The flavors need time to really meld before using.
How long will the Yum Yum sauce keep in the refrigerator?
What can I dip in Yum Yum sauce?
Dipping shrimp, drizzled over salad, as a dipping sauce for French fries. You name it!