How to Make Striped Curtains
5 More Home Decor Sewing Projects
Here is How I Turned Solid Curtain Panels Into Striped Curtain Panels
- I took the total length that I needed (104″) and divided it by the number of stripes I wanted in the end.
I figured I would need about 11 stripes about 10″ tall to account for seam allowances.
- I left the white panels as is, and cut the blue panels into 10″ strips.
- I ironed a narrow hem (1/4″) around each blue piece, then pinned it to the white drapes.
- Since I needed to create longer drapes for my extra tall door, my first stripe was sewn to the top to extend the length of the panel.
- The second drape was sewn directly on top of the white curtain panel about 9.5″ below the first one.
- Then I top stitched all the way around.
- I continued that process all the way down to the bottom. Simply sewing the blue panels on top of the pre-made white ones.
They are hung with curtain clips, pinched to the back every few inches to make them look pleated. Easy!