Peppermint extract, chocolate chips, heart sprinkles, and green cookie dough combine to create…GRINCH cookies! These are sure to be a hit at any holiday gathering this year!
With two empty cookie jars, it was time to get baking! I’ve been on a peppermint kick lately so I asked Ruby if she would like to make chocolate chip cookies with me and add some peppermint flavoring. She was totally on board. One thing leads to another and we ended up adding 24 drops of green food coloring and pulled out some tiny heart sprinkles.
Mint Chocolate Chip Grinch Cookies
adapted from Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. peppermint extract
- 2 large eggs
- 24 drops green food coloring
- 2 cups NESTLE(R) TOLL HOUSE(R) Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- heart sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, peppermint extract and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in food coloring. Stir in morsels. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets. Lightly press a few heart sprinkles into each cookie before baking.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
You might also like…