Don’t let those overripe bananas go to waste! This copycat Bob Evan’s banana bread recipe rivals any from a local bakery. Soft, delicious, and sticky on the top. This recipe yields 2 loaves of delicious banana bread.
Watch our step by step video!
Bakery Style Banana Bread
I set out to figure out a banana bread recipe as good as theirs and I failed over and over. Don’t get me wrong, it was edible, but I kept running into the problem of having it drier than we wanted. If I undercooked it a bit it would be doughy inside, and I always ended up putting it back in the oven to finish up which dried it out. I kept at it over the years until I figured out how to make it perfectly moist. One that we all absolutely love.
The Trick To Making the BEST Banana Bread
If you don’t believe me, watch this video. I knew that wrapping it would moisten the bread, but it wasn’t until I watched this video that I learned that the bananas actually need to sit for a while after being baked into the bread too. You learn something new every day!
Keep banana bread in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Leaving the moist loaf out on the counter will cause it to mold quicker.
Thick, moist, dense with bananas and slightly sticky on top.
Bakery Style Banana Bread Recipe: Bob Evan’s Copycat
Bakery Style Banana Bread Recipe
- 1 cup butter at room temperature
- 1 c . sugar
- 4 eggs
- 8 over-ripe bananas mashed
- 1 (5.1 oz) box vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 c . whole milk
- 4 c . flour
- 4 tsp . baking powder
- 1 tsp . salt
- 2 c . chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and beat until smooth and add bananas. Mix in pudding mix and milk. Add salt and baking powder and flour, one cup at a time. Stir in nuts.
- Lightly spray two loaf pans with cooking spray and bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes. If it seems as though your bread is getting too brown, too fast, you can tent it slightly with a piece of foil the last 15 minutes or so. Insert a toothpick. If it comes out really doughy, bake another 8 minutes and check it again. Toothpick should come out fairly clean.
- Let bread stand for 10 minutes and then run a knife around the edges to loosen it up. Turn out on flat surface and let cool for 15 minutes then wrap in plastic wrap. Allow to rest on a cooling rack 6-8 hours.
How many loaves will this recipe make?
Can you use frozen bananas to make banana bread?
What pudding flavors are best in banana bread?
How brown should bananas be for banana bread?
How do you know when the bread is done?
How can I riped bananas faster for banana bread?
Bonus! I use this recipe for my zucchini bread too. Just use 3 cups of shredded zucchini and 2 tsp. cinnamon and omit the bananas.
Don’t have time to bake a loaf of bread? Here are 3 quick muffin recipes!