This almond poppy seed muffin recipe will leave you feeling like you just enjoyed dessert for breakfast. Full of delicious vanilla and almond flavor and a crunch from the toasted almonds. A versatile muffin batter recipe is essential for any baker and this one is just that! Customize it to create pretty much any muffin you’d like.
Watch our step by step video!
My kids have discovered their love of baking. My son makes homemade pretzels, my girls make cookies, and my other son makes jalapeño poppers and other savory foods. Even my little toddler will come into the kitchen with his stool and want to pour and mix ingredients for me. They’ve all figured out that if they ask to cook something—I won’t say no. It’s a life skill that they need to learn and I love seeing them in the kitchen!
Almond Poppy Seed Muffin Recipe
This batter is my favorite and is so easy to customize to make blueberry, almond poppy seed, cinnamon streusel or lemon poppy seed muffins.
I have more variations to share with your over the coming months! For now, be sure to check out these delicious blueberry muffins with streusel topping using the same batter! You might also like our mini chocolate chip pumpkin loaves.
Almond Poppy Seed Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 tsp. almond extract
- 2 tsp. poppy seeds
- 1/2 c. sliced almonds optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line 12 muffin tins with regular liners or spray with cooking spray.
- Combine flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder.
- Place vegetable oil into a 1 cup measuring cup; add the egg and enough milk to fill the cup.
- Mix this with flour mixture. Add vanilla, almond extract, and fold in poppy seeds.
- Fill muffin cups half way with batter. Sprinkle with sliced almonds, if desired.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes in the preheated oven.
Here are more easy breakfast ideas you may enjoy!
If you liked this almond poppy seed muffin recipe you might also like…