This angel food berry trifle is as delicious as it is beautiful. The perfect summer dessert with its layers of fresh berries, light cake and cream! This post contains an affiliate link.
Watch Our Step By Step Video!
Angel food cake with fresh berries and cream is my all time favorite dessert. It’s the only birthday cake that I ever request (besides the All American Chocolate Cake from Costco—let’s be honest). I love the combination of white cake and fruit. So fresh and delicious.
I bought a trifle bowl a few weeks ago and absolutely love it. I like that it doesn’t have a stand on it which makes it much more practical for everyday use. It works great as a salad and punch bowl, too. Did I mention that it comes with a lid? Perfect for storing leftovers. Everything I make looks simply stuning in it!
Just look at those delicious layers of pudding and cream, cake, and fresh fruit. My favorite berry combination is strawberries, blueberries and raspberries. Raspberries are soft and break down easily, so I only use them as a garnish on top, and fill my trifle with strawberries and blueberries.
Angel Food Cake for Trifle
The decision to make your own cake or buy one is entirely up to you. I make mine using a boxed mix. You will use about 3/4 of the angel food cake to make this trifle recipe.
Can you make berry trifle in advance?
This angel food berry trifle makes 12 delicious servings. You can bake the cake ahead of time and wrap until ready to layer the trifle.
You can also make the trifle the night before and let it sit in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
How To Make a Berry Trifle With Angel Food Cake
The first thing you’ll do is cut the cake into bite sized pieces.
Beat milk and 1 box of instant vanilla pudding mix in a bowl. Fold in 12 oz. of regular or light whipped topping (I use light).
Spoon 1/3 of the pudding mixture into your trifle bowl.
Add a layer of fruit.
Add half of the cake cubes.
Repeat with another layer of pudding, fruit, the rest of the cake and ending with rest of the pudding mixture.
Refrigerate trifle 1-2 hours before serving for best results. This allows everything to meld and become soft.
Arrange remaining fruit to the top of the trifle before serving.
Angel Food Berry Trifle Recipe
Angel Food Berry Trifle
- trifle bowl
- mixing bowl
- 1 angel food cake homeamde or store bought
- 1 3.4 oz. instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 12 oz. light whipped topping
- 1 lb. strawberries sliced
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- Cut angel food cake into 1" bite-sized pieces.
- Beat pudding mix and milk until smooth. Fold in whipped topping.
- Spoon 1/3 pudding mixture into bottom of trifle bowl.
- Add layer of sliced strawberries and blueberries.
- Add 1/2 of the angel food cake cubes.
- Add 1/3 pudding mixture followed by another layer of fruit.
- Add remaining angel food cake cubes.
- Spread with remaining pudding mixture.
- Chill 1-2 hours.
- Add raspberries and remaining strawberries and blueberries to the top of the trifle before serving.