Our 90 minute cinnamon rolls with caramel frosting come together in 90 minutes! Soft, cinnamon rolls covered in decadent caramel frosting. Easy to make and a definite crowd pleaser!
Homemade bread is my love language. I love making it for family and friends and I love eating it! These 90 minute cinnamon rolls are a family favorite. The best part? They come together in 90 minutes. That’s right! They DO NOT need to raise for an hour. Yahoo! We are LDS and watch General Conference twice a year that is broadcast from Salt Lake City.
Instead of going to church, we stay home and watch the broadcast from the comfort of our living room.
Making and eating cinnamon rolls has been a conference tradition ever since we were first married. Once I found this recipe for 90 minute dough, it’s been our go-to method!
scroll down for a printable recipe!
90 Minute Cinnamon Rolls with Caramel Frosting
Tip: instead of adding butter then sprinkling with sugar and cinnamon, mix all three together and spread over dough. Brown sugar makes these AMAZING.
Bake up until golden brown!
Can you make the cinnamon rolls ahead of time?
Yes! Make the cinnamon rolls up to this point. Where they are ready to go into the oven. Then freeze. When ready to make them, let the cinnamon rolls thaw then bake!
How many 90 minute cinnamon rolls does this recipe make?
This recipe makes a dozen cinnamon rolls with caramel frosting.
Can you use white sugar in the filling for cinnamon rolls?
Or course, but the mixture of butter and brown sugar makes the ooey gooey.
Now for the caramel frosting for the cinnamon rolls. Have you had this before? You’ll be adding it to EVERYTHING.
90 Minute Cinnamon Rolls with Caramel Frosting Printable Recipe
Caramel Cinnamon Rolls
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 3 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. instant yeast
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 egg
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 Tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Heat the milk in a small saucepan until it bubbles, then remove from heat. Mix in butter; stir until melted. Let cool until lukewarm.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine 2 1/4 cup flour, yeast, sugar and salt; mix well. Add water, egg and the milk mixture; beat well.
- Add the remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring well after each addition. When the dough has just pulled together, turn it out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth, about 5 minutes.
- Cover the dough with a damp cloth and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, cinnamon, softened butter. It should be the consistency of frosting.
- Roll out dough into a 12x9 inch rectangle.
- Spread dough with butter/sugar mixture. Roll up dough and pinch seam to seal. Cut into 12 equal size rolls and place in lightly greased baking sheet.
- Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until browned.
- In 2-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low; boil and stir 2 minutes. Stir in milk. Heat to boiling. Remove from heat. Cool to lukewarm, about 30 minutes.
- Gradually stir powdered sugar (1/2 cup at a time) into brown sugar mixture. Place saucepan of frosting in bowl of cold water. Beat with spoon until smooth and spreadable. If frosting becomes too stiff, stir in additional milk, 1 teaspoon at a time. Spread over rolls.
You might also like these bread recipes as well!
Grandpa Bob’s Apple Pull-Apart Bread: This apple cinnamon pull apart bread is a delicious light, pull apart bread with diced apples, a buttery cinnamon filling, chopped walnuts. Drizzled with a sugary glaze it’s a family tradition for us— make it one for yours too.
Dessert Pizza: Cinnamon roll dessert pizza! Delicious sweet dough topped with butter and a gooey brown sugar and cinnamon topping. Then finished off with a vanilla glaze.
Caramel Apple Sweet Rolls: These Caramel Apple Sweet Rolls are absolutely delicious and come together in under 30 minutes!
And don’t these orange rolls look AMAZING? We may switch things up next time and make these during conference!