This pocket folding fan is so easy to make and folds up perfectly to store in a pocket on a hot day. It is such a unique and fun craft idea for kids! They can decorate the front with simple artwork then secure with popsicle sticks & a rubber band! This post contains affiliate links.
DIY Pocket Folding Fan
Supplies for pocket folding fan:
(3) 5×8″ pieces of copy paper
2 popsicle sticks
1 tiny hair band
Steps for making a pocket folding fan:
- Score each paper on the 1/2″ mark. You can fold it without scoring, but scoring will help children get even folds all the way across.
- Accordion fold each piece of paper. Then fold each paper in half.
- Using a glue stick or hot glue, adhere each fan piece together until you have one seam left.
- Glue a popsicle stick to each side.
What a fun way to display all of those cute drawings that kids make! These pocket folding fans would be a fun summer camp craft, birthday party activity or activity for a classroom party!
You might also like…
Two dinosaur excavating activities for kids! A great summer activity.
These paper lantern animals are cute and hilarious! They’d make great party decor for a birthday or backyard pool party. Let the kids get creative and see what kind of animals they come up with!
Would you believe it if I told you this earring storage box was made from pencils and felt? Crazy I know but read on to see how!
For more activities for kids be sure to check out this fun collection!