Watch Our Step By Step Video!
How Do You Make Cream Puffs?
Easy Cream Puff Dough
How big should cream puffs be?
Cutting and Hollowing Out Cream Puffs
There are a couple of different ways to fill cream puffs. You can inject the cream through the side, or slice the top off and fill with cream then put the top back on. This is what I do.
I take a sharp knife and cut the tip of my cream puff off. Then I pull out the dough in the center to make room for the cream, fill with cream, and put the top of the cream puff back on.
How To Fill Cream Puffs With Cream
Fill a large Ziploc baggie or frosting bag with a large star tip (optional) or simply cut the corner off of the bag. Load bag with filling and fill each cream puff. Place the top of the cream puff back into place.
For a fancier version, spoon a small amount of chocolate ganache over each finished cream puff and refrigerate until firm.
Store cream puffs in the refrigerator. They can be frozen for up to 6 months.
3 More Delicious Desserts That Are Easy To Make
Easy Cream Puffs Recipe (Profiteroles)
Cream Puff Dough
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup flour
- 4 large eggs
Homemade Whipped Cream
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream (granulated por powdered sugar)
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat water and butter to a rapid boil in a saucepan over medium heat to medium-high heat.
- Add flour and reduce heat to low. Stir constantly, using a wooden spoon, for 1 minute or until a soft dough forms.
- Remove pan from heat. Add eggs, one at a time, and beat with a spoon until completely mixed in before adding each additional egg. It doesn't seem like the eggs will incorporate, but they WILL. Just be patient!
- Scoop balls of dough (I use a medium cookie scoop) and place onto an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake in oven at 400 degrees for 25 minutes or until golden brown and puffed up.
- Let cool for 30 minutes on cooling racks (room temperature).
- While cream puffs cool, make whipped cream. In a large mixing bowl, by beat heavy whipping cream and sugar and vanilla with an electric mixer or stand mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Slice off the tip of each cream puff and gently remove the insides of each cream puff.
- Fill a pastry bag or ziploc bag with cream mixture and pipe filling into each cream puff. Replace tops.
- Store cream puffs in refrigerator.