Watch Our Step By Step Video!
How Do You Make Cream Puffs?
Easy Cream Puff Dough
How big should cream puffs be?
Cutting and Hollowing Out Cream Puffs
There are a couple of different ways to fill cream puffs. You can inject the cream through the side, or slice the top off and fill with cream then put the top back on. This is what I do.
I take a sharp knife and cut the tip of my cream puff off. Then I pull out the dough in the center to make room for the cream, fill with cream, and put the top of the cream puff back on.
How To Fill Cream Puffs With Cream
First you’ll need to decide what kind of cream you’d like to use. My favorites are homemade whipped cream, chocolate mousse or Cool Whip.
Fill a large Ziploc baggie or frosting bag with a large star tip (optional) or simply cut the corner off of the bag. Load bag with filling and fill each cream puff. Place the top of the cream puff back into place.
Store cream puffs in refrigerator. They can be frozen up to 6 months.
3 More Delicious Desserts That Are Easy To Make
Easy Cream Puffs Recipe
Cream Puff Dough
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup flour
- 4 eggs
Homemade Whipped Cream
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- Heat water and butter to a rapid boil in a saucepan.
- Add flour and reduce heat to low. Stir constantly for 1 minute or until a soft dough forms.
- Remove from heat. Add eggs, one at a time, and beat with a spoon until completely mixed in before adding each additional egg. It doesn't seem like the eggs will incorporate, but they WILL. Just be patient!
- Scoop balls of dough (I use a medium cookie scoop) and place onto an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake @ 400 degrees for 25 minutes or until golden and puffed up.
- Let cool for 30 minutes.
- While cream puffs cool, make whipped cream by beating heavy whipping cream and sugar with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Slice off the tip of each cream puff and gently remove center dough.
- Fill a frosting bag or ziploc bag with cream and pipe filling into each cream puff. Replace tops.
- Store cream puffs in refrigerator.