A collection of Valentine inexpensive or free gift ideas that kids can make and give eachother. Little ways to spread the love all month long by periodically adding little notes and items to a mini mailbox in the home, or giving to friends at school. This post contains affiliate links.
Valentine Gift Ideas for Kids
Simple Valentine Gifts Found At Your Local Grocery Store:
- dum dums
- mini popcorn bags
- fruit roll up
- stick of gum
- coupon for a night off of dishes (they can make their own coupons, or fill in these blank ones. So cute!)
- coupon to play a game
- coupon to read a story to a sibling
- draw a picture of a friend or family member’s favorite animal
Valentine Printables and Small Gift Ideas to Make:
- Valentine’s Day Fruit Cups: a less sugary treat to give kids this year, and they come with cute printable labels! “Valentine, you’re a peach!” Print out the labels and let the kids use them as cute notes to each other, or add to a fruit cup to give as a snack.
- Valentine Coupons and Printable Jokes: an inexpensive and EASY way to for kids to bring a smile to a sibling’s face!
- “I Chews You” Gum Valentine: Tape a stick of gum on this cute little card before slipping it into the mailbox.
- Valentine Sugar Cookies: Our FAVORITE sugar cookie recipe in Valentine form. These little hearts wrap up perfectly to give out as little gifts for Valentine’s Day! A great recipe to make together.
- Valentine Friendship Rocks from Red Ted Art: These would be fun for kids to make for each other for their classmates, right?
- Thumbprint Heart Glass Magnets from Rhythm of Play: we’ve made glass marble magnets before and they are so easy and turn out great! You can put any hand drawn picture or photo behind the glass.
This is a refresh of a post originally shared in 2013.