Thank you, Disney Junior, for sponsoring our creativity. Tune in every FRiYAY for new episodes of your favorite Disney Junior shows!
Turn a washcloth into a cozy little puppy friend with this simple no-sew project for kids!
Both of my girls are little puppy lovers. Especially Kaylee. From her backpack for school, to the drawings she doodles in her free time—it’s all puppy themed. She even had a puppy birthday party last year with her friends. We made these little puppies out of washcloths and they were a huge hit! We’ve made four of them now
and the girls want to go back and get more washcloths to make them in a rainbow of colors!
These washcloth puppies come together in about 10 minutes and are a great no-sew project! We made them to match our favorite pug brothers, Bingo and Rolly, from Disney Junior’s Puppy Dog Pals show. You can catch new episodes of Puppy Dog Pals throughout the summer FRiYAY mornings on Disney Channel! You can also watch episodes on Disney Junior and find content on their Facebook page and Youtube channel.
Bingo and Rolly are active puppies who go on adventures around their neighborhood. From finding lost pets to cheering up friends, they are on a mission to do good and help others. In the next FRiYAY episode premiere the Pugs go on a mission to find a home for Hissy, a lost kitty.
Our little washcloth Bingo and Rolly aren’t exact replicates, but my girls didn’t care! We matched their eyes, coloring, and collars to make two washcloth puppy brothers who are ready to go on adventures with the girls.
No-Sew Washcloth Puppy Dog Pals
Felt in a variety of colors
1 washcloth for each puppy
Clothespins or chip clips
1 rubber band for each puppy
Black fabric paint
Craft glue or hot glue
1. Lay your wash cloth on a flat surface. If your washcloth doesn’t have a solid center line, mark the center with a pin.
2. Roll tightly from one side, all the way to the center. Clip into place.
3. Repeat for the other side.
4. Turn over so that the rolls are in the back. Fold up 1/3.
5. Fold down the top section so that your wash cloth is now folded into thirds.
6. Wrap with a rubber band, about 1″ from the bottom.
7. Pull one layer of rubber band up and over to the top, creative a separation for a face.
8. In the last photo you’ll see the rubber band on the top.
9. Cut out an ear piece on the fold of your felt.
10. Open it flat.
11. The washcloth head has two holes running through it. Slide a finger through one to open it up a bit.
12. Push ear piece through hole and out to the other side.
Now it’s time to accessorize.
Add felt pieces to create a face. Glue on craft eyes and add a ribbon for a collar.
Glue a small pom pom onto the back for a tail.
Add a mouth using craft paint. Let dry completely!
Oh my goodness, right? They are so cute!
What are your family’s favorite Disney Junior shows? I remember cuddling with my boys and watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Little Einsteins, and Handy Manny, on Disney Junior almost ten years ago. We’d go to the website and print out fun little activities to do together. I love that a decade later, Disney Junior is still in our home!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Disney Junior.