These yummy pizza rolls are filled with sauce, cheese and pepperoni then baked to perfection. Brushed in garlic butter they are a delicious for lunch or dinner! My kids’ favorite.
Looking for another quick and easy bread recipe? Try our garlic parmesan bread sticks. A family favorite for almost 20 years!
Watch our step by step video!
These pizza rolls are my kids’ favorite lunch or dinner and the are so easy to make! You can use store bought freezer dough, but I prefer making a batch of my favorite white bread dough. A half batch of that dough will make 12 rolls.
Garlic Parmesan Pizza Rolls
If garlic knots and pizza had a baby these would be it.
Fill with sauce, cheese, and your favorite pizza meat (ours is pepperoni).
How to Make Pizza Rolls
After making the dough, divide it into 12 balls.
Press each ball until flat and round. Spoon 1 tsp. pizza sauce in the center and sprinkle with 1 tsp. cheese. Add two slices of pepperoni. Watch our video for step by step instructions.
- Do not press the dough too thin or the filling may come out during baking.
- Do not over fill the rolls. Just a little dab of sauce will do ya!
Bring the edges to the center and pinch to close. Place each pizza roll seam side down on a greased baking sheet.
What makes these pizza rolls amazing is the garlic parmesan butter that they are brushed with BEFORE and AFTER baking.
More Bread Recipes You’ll Love
Garlic Parmesan Pizza Rolls Recipe
Garlic Parmesan Pizza Rolls
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 Tbsp. yeast
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 Tbsp. oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cup flour
- 1/3 cup pizza sauce
- 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 24 slices pepperoni
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 2 Tbsp. parmesan cheese grated
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Combine water, sugar and yeast in a small bowl. Cover and allow to proof 5 minutes, or until foamy.
- Pour water/yeast mixture into a large mixing bowl. Add oil and salt. Stir.
- Stir in flour, 1 c. at a time until a soft dough forms.
- Knead dough on a floured surface until soft, 3-5 minutes.
- Place dough in oiled bowl and cover. Let rest 1 hour.
- Punch down dough and divide into 12 balls.
- Flatten each ball into a round shape on floured surface.
- Add 1 tsp. sauce in the center. Add cheese and 2 slices of pepperoni.
- Bring the sides of the dough together in the center and pinch. Place seam side down onto greased baking sheet.
- Repeat this process until all pizza rolls are on the sheet. Cover and let rest while oven preheats to 350 degrees.
- Mix garlic butter ingredients together and brush onto pizza rolls.
- Bake 20 minutes. Brush once more with garlic butter.
- Allow pizza rolls to cool 10 minutes before eating.
These pizza pockets from the Country Cook look delicious too!