Make your own taco seasoning from ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry. Easy and delicious and you can customize it any way you’d like! This homemade taco seasoning is delicious on ground turkey or beef in our double decker tacos and taco ring!
Ingredients in Taco Seasoning
Homemade Taco Seasoning Mix
HOMEMADE TACO SEASONING MIX
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- In a small bowl, mix together chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, red pepper flakes, oregano, paprika, cumin, salt and pepper. Store in an airtight container.
- To use with ground turkey or beef, add to already browned meat with 1/4 c. water. Bring to a simmer, reduct heat to low, and let water cook off.
6 More of Our Favorite Mexican Dinners
This post is an updated version of one originally shared in 2011.