Can’t decide between a soft or crunchy taco? Have them both! Double decker tacos are an easy weeknight meal that the whole family will love, AND give back to your child’s school while you’re at it!
December is my favorite month of the year. I simply can’t get enough of it. On the flip side, January is not my favorite month. Yes, it’s a great time to make goals and start fresh, but I’m just not ready to get back in the everyday routine of school and sports after spending the previous two week in my pajamas watching holiday movies as a family and playing with all the new toys. Such is life, though, so I thought I’d share one of my favorite weeknight dinners that makes this transition a bit easier. Hearty, delicious and comes together in under 30 minutes—double decker tacos!
If you like our double decker tacos you’ll love our easy stroganoff loaf (another kid-friendly meal)!
I sometimes make my double decker tacos using a taco kit. You don’t have to go this route, but it comes with both crunchy and soft tortillas as well as seasonings to make dinner even easier. If your store doesn’t have taco kits, simply grab a package of crunchy taco shells and a package of small flour tortillas. Don’t forget a bottle of Taco Bell’s mild sauce. It’s my favorite to drizzle over tacos before serving!
Double Decker Tacos
Double Decker Tacos
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 2-3 Tbsp. water
- 12 small soft tortillas
- 12 crunchy taco shells
- 3 Tbsp. taco seasoning
- 1 can refried beans heated
- 3 Tbsp. milk
- shredded cheese
- shredded lettuce, tomatoes
- taco sauce
- Cook meat. Drain. Stir in taco seasoning and 2 T. water. Bring to a simmer then remove from heat.
- Heat taco shells in the microwave for 30-45 seconds.
- Heat tortillas in the microwave, wrapped with a moist paper towel for 30 seconds.
- Spread each tortilla with a few tablespoons of warm refried beans.
- Wrap tortilla around crunchy taco shell.
- Fill with ground meat and toppings. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply