Other Inexpensive Advent Calendar Ideas
Don’t have time make your own advent? No worries. We’ve gone the store bought route the past. Here are some of our favorites! The LEGO one was an absolute hit. We actually still have it and have re-used it a few times. Just save the pieces and put them back year after year!
Brown Paper Packages Advent Calendar
- brown paper bags or brown kraft paper
- baker’s twine
- small toys, candy
- sharpie pen
- hole punch
- small cards with seasonal activities printed on each one
- Cut squares of brown paper into desired sizes.
- Wrap candy and toys in paper and tie baker’s twine around each one, creating a bow/loop for hanging.
- Cut a long string of baker’s twine and attach to the wall.
- Label each package using a tag, optional.
- Hang each package using a clothespin.
Here are are a few ideas of seasonal activities to add to your brown paper packages!
- Neighborhood Christmas Lights
- Make Your Own Hot Cocoa Bar
- Make Sugar Cookies
- Go To the Library and Check out Christmas Books
- Write Letters to Santa
- Drop Off a Secret Santa Gift to a Neighbor
- Deliver Holiday Treats to Friends
- Decorate the Christmas Tree
- Watch a Christmas Movie
- Make Christmas Cards
- Hang a New Ornament on the Tree
- Make a Christmas Craft