Other Inexpensive Advent Calendar Ideas
Don’t have time make your own advent? No worries. We’ve gone the store bought route the past. Here are some of our favorites!Â Â The LEGO one was an absolute hit. We actually still have it and have re-used it a few times. Just save the pieces and put them back year after year!
Brown Paper Packages Advent Calendar
- brown paper bags or brown kraft paper
- baker’s twine
- small toys, candy
- sharpie pen
- hole punch
- small cards with seasonal activities printed on each one
- Cut squares of brown paper into desired sizes.
- Wrap candy and toys in paper and tie baker’s twine around each one, creating a bow/loop for hanging.
- Cut a long string of baker’s twine and attach to the wall.
- Label each package using a tag, optional.
- Hang each package using a clothespin.
Here are are a few ideas of seasonal activities to add to your brown paper packages!
- Neighborhood Christmas Lights
- Make Your Own Hot Cocoa Bar
- Make Sugar Cookies
- Go To the Library and Check out Christmas Books
- Write Letters to Santa
- Drop Off a Secret Santa Gift to a Neighbor
- Deliver Holiday Treats to Friends
- Decorate the Christmas Tree
- Watch a Christmas Movie
- Make Christmas Cards
- Hang a New Ornament on the Tree
- Make a Christmas Craft