Make a sweet little lamb to cuddle out of a wash cloth! This no sew lamb softie is a great craft for kids, and perfect for spring!
Watch our step by step video!
Ruby adores farm animals of all kinds. She was so excited to make this cute little lamb softie out of a wash cloth. Both of the girls enjoy sewing, but it’s always fun to find a quick no-sew project.
Wash cloth animals are so easy to make!
You’ll need a wash cloth, some felt scraps, accessories for the face and a pom pom tail. You’ll also need a couple of chip clips and a rubber band.
We like using chip clips to hold the wash cloth into place while folding. It makes it a lot easier for kids to hold on to everything.
We’ve created a photo step by step tutorial for you to follow to make it even easier to make your own little lamb. The lamb in the photo is grey. You can make this little lamb in any color you’d like—grey, black or white. It’s up to you!
Can you think of any other animal wash clothes to make? How about puppies?
No Sew Lamb Softie Made From a Wash Cloth
No Sew Lamb Softie
- felt in a variety of colors
- 1 washcloth
- clothespins or chip clips
- 1 rubber band
- craft eyes
- pom pom for tail
- black fabric paint
- craft glue or hot glue
- Lay your washcloth on a flat surface. If your washcloth doesn’t have a solid center line, mark the center with a pin.
- Roll tightly from one side, all the way to the center. Clip into place.
- Repeat for the other side.
- Turn over so that the rolls are in the back. Fold up 1/3.
- Fold down the top section so that your washcloth is now folded into thirds.
- Wrap with a rubber band, about 1″ from the bottom.
- Pull one layer of rubber band up and over to the top, creating a separation for a face.
- Cut out an earpiece on the fold of your felt.
- Open it flat.
- The washcloth head has two holes running through it. Slide a finger through one to open it up a bit.
- Push earpiece through the hole and out to the other side.
- Add felt pieces to create a face.
- Glue on craft eyes and add a ribbon for a collar. Glue on a pom pom tail.
- Use fabric paint to create a mouth.