Taco pizza is a dinner the whole family will love! Taco meat and cheese are sprinkled over pizza crust with a ranch sauce. After it’s baked it’s topped with your favorite taco fixins!
You might also like our taco crescent ring. Another delicious and easy weeknight dinner.
Watch our step by step video!
Taco pizza is one of my kids’ favorite dinners. My mom made it when I was little and I always loved it. It’s so simple to make. You can use store-bought dough or make your own. Our favorite recipe only takes 25 minutes to make and is delicious!
What is Taco Pizza?
Taco pizza is made using a yeast based pizza crust. Other than that, it tastes nothing like pizza! Instead of red sauce, we use ranch dressing. Instead of italian meats, we use ground turkey (seasoned with taco seasoning). It is sprinkled with cheese then baked until golden. After the taco pizza comes out of the oven we top it with our favorite taco fixins.
Quick Pizza Crust for Taco Pizza
You can bake the pizza on a pizza pan, or on parchment paper directly on the rack. I like baking my pizzas directly on the rack or a pizza stone and use the pizza pan to help slide the parchment paper on and off of the stone.
Note: If you don’t plan on baking the pizza directly on the rack or on a pizza stone, parchment paper isn’t necessary. Just roll out your dough on a lightly greased pizza pan.
Spread the dough with 1/3 c. ranch dressing.
We like using ground turkey, but ground beef works great too. You’ll need 1 pound of browned and seasoned meat (just under a pound). Sprinkle meat over dough and top with cheese.
Bake until golden brown, about 12-15 minutes at 450 degrees.
Top with your favorite taco toppings.
Our Favorite Taco Pizza Toppings
- green onion
- sour cream
- taco sauce
Alternate Serving Instructions
Serve toppings in small bowls and let everyone top their pizza slice with their favorite toppings.
3 More Easy Dinner Ideas
Taco Pizza Recipe
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 Tbsp. yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 lb. ground turkey or beef seasoned with taco seasoning
- 1 c. shredded cheese taco or cheddar
- green onions
- taco sauce
- Combine water, yeast, and sugar in small bowl. Let sit 5 minutes, or until yeast begins to look bubbly.
- Pour yeast mixture into a large bowl and add olive oil, flour and salt. Mix until a soft dough forms.
- Knead dough on a floured surface until smooth. Let rest 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Press dough into a pizza shape on parchment paper or lightly greased pizza pan. Pierce dough with a fork, every few inches across dough.
- Spread dough with ranch dressing.
- Sprinkle with taco meat and cheese.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 12-15 minutes.
- Add favorite taco toppings on warm pizza. Slice and serve immediately.
- Drizzle each slice with taco sauce, sour cream, or salsa.