Making your own fudge couldn’t be easier. Our 5-minute toffee fudge is SO quick to make. You’ll love the Heath toffee bits and toasted almonds!
Watch our step by step video!
If you were to buy a pound of fudge at a local chocolate shop you’d easily pay $1-$2 per ounce. That’s at least $16 a pound for the chocolatey goodness. Did you know that you can make it at home for a fraction of the price and customize it however you’d like? Mac came up to me the other day and said that he wanted to try fudge. I know he’s had it before, but he’s only 5 years old so probably didn’t remember. I pulled out my trusty, falling apart, Betty Crocker cookbook that my grandma gave me 30 years ago and doctored up our favorite fudge recipe to create TOFFEE fudge!
5-Minute Toffee Fudge
This fudge recipe comes together in 5 minutes. No candy thermometer, soft ball stage testing, or anything. Just heat and stir. Once melted and poured into a dish it will need some time to set up. Refrigeration will speed up the process. Couldn’t be simpler! A quick and easy dessert to make during the holidays for Christmas treat platters.
Customize your fudge by using different chocolate chips and mix-ins, but definitely try our toffee version first. The toasted almonds really take it up a notch and the crunch from the toffee bits adds great texture.
I used sliced almonds and toasted them in the oven. This gives the almonds SO much more flavor. I also used the Heath toffee bits that you can find in the baking aisle at your local grocery store. It’s basically the toffee part of a Heath candy bar (minus the chocolate), chopped into tiny pieces.
5-Minute Toffee Fudge Ingredients
- 1 (12 oz.) bag of chocolate chips (semisweet)
- 1 (14 oz.) can of sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 3/4 cup Heath toffee bits
How to Make 5-Minute Fudge
Line an 8×8 square baking dish with parchment paper (or butter the dish to prevent fudge from sticking).
Reserve 2 Tbsp. of the toasted almonds (for instructions on toasting almonds, scroll to the notes section below) and 2 Tbsp. of the toffee baking bits and set them to the side.
Heat chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk in a large saucepan over low heat. Stir until smooth and the chocolate chips have melted completely.
Stir in toasted almonds and toffee bits.
Spread the fudge mixture into the prepared pan with a rubber spatula.
Sprinkle reserved almonds and toffee bits over the top of the fudge.
Refrigerate fudge until cooled and set, about an hour.
Remove fudge from the dish (lift parchment paper) and slice the fudge into 36 pieces with a sharp knife.
How to store 5-minute fudge
Fudge can be stored on the counter in an airtight container for at least 7 days. It’s never lasted longer than that in our home (we eat it too fast!).
How to toast almonds
Spread almonds in a thin layer on a baking sheet. Toast in an oven at 350 degrees for 5-8 minutes or until golden brown. Watch carefully to prevent burning.
How to microwave 5-minute fudge
You can make fudge in the microwave instead of using the stove. Add chocolate chips to a microwave-safe bowl. Pour sweetened condensed milk over the chocolate chips. Microwave for 60 seconds. Stir. Continue heating in 30-second increments until melted and smooth. Continue with the remaining directions for toffee fudge in the recipe card below.
5-Minute Toffee Fudge Recipe
5-Minute Toffee Fudge
- 1 12 oz. bag semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds toasted
- 3/4 cup toffee bits (Heath bits o' brickle) found in baking aisle
- Reserve 2 Tbsp. of the toasted almonds (for instructions on toasting almonds, scroll to notes section below) and 2 Tbsp. of the toffee baking bits and set them to the side.
- Line a 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper (or butter the dish to prevent fudge from sticking).
- Heat chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk in a medium saucepan over low heat. Stir until smooth and chocolate chips have melted completely.
- Stir in toasted almonds and toffee bits.
- Spread fudge mixture in baking dish with a rubber spatula.
- Sprinkle reserved almonds and toffee bits over fudge.
- Refrigerate fudge until cooled and set, about an hour.
- Remove fudge from dish (lift parchment paper) and slice fudge into 36 pieces with a sharp knife.
Welcome! I'm Brandy, mother to 5 darling kiddos and a cute black lab named Toby. My husband is in the Coast Guard so we've lived all over the place, turning each house into a home. I love baking, sewing, making cute things with my kids, and sharing what I've learned with all of you!