These holiday Bugles treats are so fun to make and the perfect sweet and salty combo. Make Santa hats, elf hats, gnomes, and Christmas trees!
Watch our step by step video!
Holiday Bugles Treats
Looking for the CUTEST little snacks to add to a plate of holiday cookies this year? Bugles are salty corn snacks that are yummy on their own, but fun to customize for the holidays. Make a batch and eat them on their own, mix them in with a bowl of M&Ms and nuts for a holiday snack mix, or add them to holiday treat platters! Watch my video for the best visual tutorial.
Bugles Santa Hats, Elf Hats, Gnomes and Christmas Trees
Bugles are triangular in shape which makes them the perfect shape for Santa hats, elf hats, Christmas trees, and gnomes! Grab a few bags of candy melts and some holiday sprinkles and make your favorite one (or all 4!).
Tips for Working With Candy Melts
1. Heat: DO NOT overheat your melting chocolates. This is key. Microwave in short increments (15-20 seconds), stirring in between each increment or heat at 50% power in 30-second increments. I find that this is the best method for working with candy melts. When I use chocolate chips I microwave a full power in 20-30-second increments. A double boiler is another great method for melting chocolate evenly.
2. Consistency: You want a perfectly smooth consistency for dipping. If you find that your chocolate isn’t as thin as you’d like for dipping you can add a teaspoon of solid vegetable shortening or coconut oil to thin it (shortening is preferred) per 8 ounces. If you use chocolate chips instead of melting chocolate wafers this is a great way to thin the white chocolate chips down a little bit more.
For more tips visit this source.
Bugles Treats Ingredients
The amount you’ll need will depend on how many you’d like to make. I picked up bags of red, green, and white candy melts and used about 1/3 of each bag for about 80 treats.
- Bugles Crispy Corn Snacks (regular-sized bag)
- Candy Melts
- Sprinkles: mini white nonpareils, holiday nonpareils, gnome noses, stars, and tree sprinkles.
3 More Chrismtas Treats To Make
Chocolate dipped peanut butter pretzels: These chocolate peanut butter pretzels are simply the BEST. Pretzel rods are rolled in peanut butter then dipped in chocolate. So easy, so delicious.
Christmas Sugar Cookie Decoraing Tutorial: Easy Christmas Sugar Cookies decorating! Put the butter knife away! Here are 6 cookies that kids and adults can make using 3 basic frosting tips. Use these techniques to decorate ANY sugar cookie! We’ll show how to make a gnome, stocking, tree, llama, Christmas light and sweater.
Pop Tart Gingerbread House: This Pop Tart gingerbread house is so fun to decorate and perfect for the holidays! Once you make a gingerbread house out of Pop Tarts you’ll never go back to graham crackers again. I’ll share tips and tricks for decorating your gingerbread house with candy and royal icing.
How To Make Holiday Bugles Treats
Holiday Bugles Treats (Santa, Trees, Gnomes, Elf Hats)
- Bugles corn snacks (regular-sized bag)
- red, green, and white candy melts (Wilton)
- sprinkles (a variety)
HOW TO MAKE SANTA HAT BUGLES
- Melt red candy melts in a small bowl.
- Dip bugles into the candy melts, leaving the tip of the bugle uncovered.
- Dip the bottom into white nonparelis sprinkles then place onto a parchment lined baking sheet to harden.
- Once hardened, melt white candy melts in a small bowl. Dip the tip of each Santa hat in white candy melts.
- Return to parchment line baking sheet to set up.
HOW TO MAKE ELF HAT BUGLES
- The elf hats are made the same way as the Santa hats, only using green candy melts and multi colored sprinkles. See instructions above.
HOW TO MAKE GNOME BUGLES
- Melt white candy melts. Dip bugles halfway into the candy melts. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet to set up.
- Once set, dip the other side in red candy melts.
- Add a candy nose (it will stick to the red melting chocolate)
- Return to the baking sheet to set up.
HOW TO MAKE CHRISTMAS TREE BUGLES
- Dip bugles in green melting chocolate using a fork. Tap the fork against the side of the bowl to allow the excess to drip off.
- Place green dipped bugles on a parchment-lined baking sheet.Add sprinkles and stars.
- Allow bugles to set up.
Once the bugles treats have had a chance to set up, store them in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Welcome! I'm Brandy, mother to 5 darling kiddos and a cute black lab named Toby. My husband is in the Coast Guard so we've lived all over the place, turning each house into a home. I love baking, sewing, making cute things with my kids, and sharing what I've learned with all of you!