MINIONS!

Aren’t these little guys great?!?! When I showed Aaron the link for these cupcakes he didn’t skip a beat and asked if we could make some. We had no occasion to make them for, but who needs an occasion for cupcakes? Then we decided that these would be a fun Family Home Evening treat. So he made some yesterday!
FYI: Finding white smarties takes A LOT of little packages of smarties. Most of them are pink and purple, but that was even better for the kids because they liked snacking on the extras.
 Frosting the cupcakes in blue to match the minion’s over-alls.
 Each minion is made from a half of a twinkie, two smarties, and colored icing for the eyes and glasses. Aaron couldn’t wait to finish frosting the cupcakes so that he could lick the knife. You can see the evidence on his face :)
 After adding the smarties he decided that he was done with frosting and putting the minions together. So I took over with the eye details.
And here they are! Be sure to check out the link for more Despicable Me party ideas! She did a fantastic job!

Comments

What are your smarties – my kids would love these but in Australia smarties are hard covered chocolate buttons – are these like little rounds of flavoured sugar????

Those are cute, and make me want to go buy twinkies…and not necessarily to make those minions. :) Now, when I watch that movie again, I’m gonna need to pass out twinkies before I sit down.

I’m dying over here! Those are too cute! My 2 year old is obsessed with those little guys, wish I had seen these a month ago for his birthday, but you’re right, who needs and occasion for cupcakes! We’ll have to try these soon!

These are hilariously cute! Even my husband, who does not understand my love of all things crafty and decorating and questions my sanity at times, thought these were great! Stopped by from FJI.

Okay, those have to be the most adorable and hilarious cupcakes I have ever seen! Loved the movie and love the cupcakes!!!

Found you on Skip to my Lou and SO glad I did! I’m your newest follower! These are adorable!!! Even though I haven’t seen the movie, they caught my eye! I love making “fun foods” too! Super cute!

It’s twinkies! I was wondering from the pic what that was. I found you on CraftoManiac. Wow, you let your kids help. I would be freaking out! LOL Good job. They are super cute.

Oh my! This is fabulous! We love minions and twinkies at our house, so clearly we will have to try this. Thanks for sharing- it’s great!

Just like straight out of the movie! These are too adorable and I love that the kids helped make them! Tell them they are wonderful models.

Glad I hopped on over to take a peak!

Love the minions!!! Your munchkins did a great job! that movie is on constant replay at our house! We now regularly say “did you brush your teeth? Let me smell, let me smell!!!!”