These black and white cookies are the best of both worlds!
The two that I used were exactly the same bake time and oven temperature. The double chocolate dough was a lot softer than the chocolate chip cookie dough so I chilled it for a few minutes and it worked out perfectly.
Black and White Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Black Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough:
- 3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- White Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
For Black Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough:
- In a small saucepan, heat 3/4 cups of the chocolate chips over low heat, stirring constantly, until melted.
- Cool to room temperature, about 10 minutes, but do not allow chocolate to become firm.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the butter, brown sugar and vanilla with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs and melted chocolate until light and fluffy.
- With a wooden spoon, stir in the flour, baking soda and salt. Stir in the remaining chocolate chips.
- Use a 2T. cookie scoop and scoop cookie dough onto a baking sheet. Do not worry about spacing the cookies apart. Just crowd them all onto one sheet and refrigerate while you make the other cookie dough.
For White Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough:
- Cream butter and sugars in a large mixing bowl. Add the egg, yolk, and vanilla. Beat till creamy with electric mixer.
- With a wooden spoon, stir the flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl. Add to the sugar mixture with the chocolate chips. Stir until ingredients are well mixed.
- Use a 2T. cookie scoop and scoop cookie dough onto a baking sheet. Do not worry about spacing the cookies apart. Just crowd them all onto one sheet.
To make cookies:
- Cut ALL cookie dough balls in half. Take half a ball of black chocolate cookie dough and half of a a ball of white chocolate chip cookie dough and roll them together into a ball.
- Place dough onto parchment paper lined cookie sheets. Space 2-3" apart. Flatten slightly with your hand. Repeat for remaining cookie dough balls.
- Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool on pans for 3 minutes, then remove to cooling racks to cool completely.
If you liked these black and white cookies you might also like…