This cobbler is made with tree ripened peaches and is just about the easiest peach cobbler to make! Delicious with a scoop of vanilla ice cream! If you love fresh fruit cobblers you’ll definitely want to try our blueberry lemon cobbler. Slightly different technique, but delicious just the same!
Looking for a no-bake pie? Try our fresh strawberry pie and use a graham cracker crust instead of a baked buttermilk crust.
Watch our step by step video!
We went peach picking with friends this week and came home with 24 pounds of the most delicious tree-ripened peaches. My two favorite things to make with fresh peaches is pie and cobbler. You can use frozen or canned peaches in baked goods, but fresh is my favorite. The texture, the sweet and tanginess, it’s just the best!
How To Make A Fresh Peach Cobbler
There are a few different ways to assemble a cobbler. If you’ve made our blueberry cobbler you’ll notice that we place the fruit in the pan first and top it with the cobbler topping. For this peach cobbler I am doing it in reverse. The inspiration for this method comes from this Lazy Man’s Peach Pie Cobbler. The batter bubbles up and comes through the peaches for a delicious golden crust on top, and dumping-like texture inside.
Served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream is our favorite way to enjoy it, but it is delicious as-is too. It might be tempting to dig right in as soon as it comes out of the oven, but it really is best after having a chance to cool for at least 30 minutes. Don’t worry, it will still be warm!
I make my cobbler filling the same way that I make my pie filling. Fresh peaches, sugar, cinnamon, a bit of flour, and a splash of lemon juice.
Add a stick of melted butter to the baking dish. Then pour the batter over the butter. The batter consists of flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and milk.
Finally, add the fresh peach mixture.
Place in a preheated oven and bake for an hour. The cobbler should be golden and bubbly. Let stand at least 30 minutes before serving. Refrigerate leftovers.
3 More Fresh Fruit Recipes You’ll Love!
Fresh Peach Cobbler Recipe
Fresh Peach Cobbler Recipe
- 5-6 cups fresh peaches sliced
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place sliced peaches in a large bowl. Add sugar, cinnamon, flour and lemon juice. Stir. Set bowl aside.
- In a separate bowl combine the ingredients for the topping: flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add milk. Stir.
- Pour melted butter into a 9x13 baking dish. Pour batter over melted butter.
- Pour peach mixture over batter. Spread peaches out evenly.
- Bake 1 hour. Top should be golden and bubbly.
- Let stand 30 minutes-1 hour before serving. Cut into 9 portions and serve with vanilla ice cream, if desired.