Sweet and tangy, this blueberry lemon cobbler is simply the BEST. So simple to make with fresh or frozen blueberries and delicious served with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
If you love the combination of lemon and blueberries you’ll LOVE our blueberry scones with lemon glaze!
It’s blueberry season here in Virginia and the kids and I picked 2 buckets this week. I’m such a sucker for local U-Pick farms. Take all my money. There is nothing better than fresh picked fruit like the delicious strawberries that we turned into freezer jam in May. We also plan on picking peaches next week—can’t wait!
I LOVE the combination of blueberries and lemons. Sweet and tangy. This cobbler is the best of both worlds. Sweet berries and tangy lemon juice and zest. Baked to perfection in 40 minutes.
3 More Recipes To Try
How To Make Blueberry Lemon Cobbler
The process for making our blueberry lemon cobbler is super simple.
Toss the berries in lemon juice and sugar and pour into a greased 9×13 baking dish.
In a seperate bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and lemon zest. Add melted butter, vanilla and milk and stir until smooth.
Spoon over blueberries and bake for 40 minutes.
This cobbler is best served after it has had a chance to cool for about 30 minutes, but good luck with that. We like adding a scoop of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
Refrigerate leftover cobbler 3-4 days.
Blueberry Lemon Cobbler Recipe
Blueberry Lemon Cobbler
- 5 cups fresh blueberries or frozen
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Juice and zest 1 lemon. Set zest aside. Pour juice into a bowl and toss with blueberries and sugar.
- Pour blueberries into greasted 9x13 baking dish.
- In another bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add lemon zest. Stir in melted butter, vanilla and milk.
- Spoon topping over blueberries.
- Bake 40 minutes.
- Cool 20-30 minutes before serving for best results.