This copy cat It’s It ice cream sandwich recipe is a family favorite! And the best part? The cookies are made from scratch, making them even better than the original! This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser.
I still make these cookies for my family and they are always a hit. We found that work the BEST in this ice cream sandwich recipe because of their perfectly flat texture.
They hold up well and taste absolutely delicious when combined with our favorite flavors of ice cream. My mom also LOVED (and still loves) It’s it Ice cream sandwiches and we would have them for special treats when I was little. The oatmeal cookie in an It’s it ice cream sandwich reminded me of the Poor Man’s cookies, and that is how this delicious homemade treat was born!
Copycat It’s It Chocolate Dipped Ice Cream Sandwich Recipe
Copycat It's It Chocolate Dipped Ice Cream Sandwich Recipe
- 3/4 cup shortening*
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups rolled oats
- Ice Cream
- Smucker's Magic Shell Chocolate Fudge Flavored Topping
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in water and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Fold in oats.
- Drop onto greased baking sheets using medium cookie scoop. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to stand 2 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool.
- Arrange cookies on a baking sheet lined in parchment paper. Add one scoop of ice cream onto a cookie and press down with a second cookie.
- Freeze ice cream sandwiches for at least 1 hour.
- Pour Smucker's Magic Shell Chocolate Fudge Flavored Topping into a small bowl and dip each ice cream sandwich half way into chocolate.
- Return to parchment lined baking sheet and freeze until ready to serve.
- Yield: 9 sandwiches
You might also like these ice cream dessert recipes:
Ice Cream Sandwich Cake: this ice cream sandwich cake is SO easy to make! Chocolate ice cream sandwiches stacked, frosted in whipped topping, and drizzled with hot fudge.
30+ Frozen Desserts for Summer: A collection of THE BEST frozen desserts for summer! Ice cream recipes, popsicle recipes, ice cream tacos, ice cream sandwiches and more! And best of all they are quick and easy and won’t heat up your kitchen during the summer months.
No Churn Buckeye Ice Cream: Buckeyes and peanut butter combine with a delicious creamy base to create this delicious buckeye peanut butter no churn ice cream. No ice cream maker necessary!
Here is a collection of some of my FAVORITE dessert recipes from around the web!