These are the easiest friendship bracelets you’ll ever make! Wear all 3 together for a fun look. If you can braid or tie a knot, you can make these bracelets. Perfect for summer camp, youth activities, or craft afternoons with friends. This post contains affiliate links.
You might also like these acrylic dog tag necklaces, fluffy flip flops, or nail polish washer necklaces. Oh, and one more! If you haven’t tried adding temporary tattoos to soap bars you’re missing out!
Watch our step by step video!
Hi everyone, it’s me again. Your friendly girls camp craft coordinator, haha. If you’ve missed the tutorials that I’ve created for girls camp so far you can catch up here, and here. I wanted an easy craft that the girls could do as they visited with friends, and friendship bracelets fit the bill. I saw these cute bracelets on The Shirley Life (Instagram) and loved how simple they were.
Easiest Friendship Bracelet Tutorial
I used to make friendship bracelets when I was a kid. The kind you pin onto your pants and weave in and out of your fingers to create fun designs. I thought about teaching the girls how to make those ones, but then remembered that I’ll have 120 girls coming through the craft area each day, with multiple crafts going on so I scrapped that idea and came up with the easiest friendship bracelets EVER that they can make 100% on their own.
Friendship Bracelet Tradition
These bracelets don’t have fittings or clasps of any kind. You tie them on. Over time the bracelets may loosen slightly making them easy to slide on and off, but the friendship bracelet tradition is to wear them until they are worn out and fall off.
Friendship Bracelet Supplies
- embroidery floss or craft thread: I used the craft thread that is sold next to embroidery floss. It comes in a single strand that can’t be separated like embroidery floss.
I’ll have the craft thread pre-cut in 14″ lengths. You really only need about 12″, but an extra inch or two makes tying the bracelets onto wrists a bit easier and they can always trim off the excess. Then they’ll select 6 strands to make the braided and the loose strand bracelet and 1-2 strands to make the beaded bracelet.
Check out our video above for a step by step visual!
They are meant to wear together to create color and depth and take between 3-5 minutes (each) to make. Can’t beat that!
Easiest Friendship Bracelets Tutorial
Easiest Friendship Bracelets
- You can use embroidery floss or craft cord (that is sold right next to the embroidery floss). I used craft cord (it doesn't seperate into strands like embroidery floss).
Loose Strand Bracelet
- Gather 6 strands of thread and tie a knot on each end.
- Gather 6 strands of thread. Tie a knot on one end. Divide the thread into 3 sections (2 strands per section) and braid. Tie a knot on the other end.
- Gather 1-2 strands of thread. Thread them through letter beads. After you've spelled out a word, tie a knot close to the first and last bead.
- There aren't any clasps, fittings or fancy knots. You simply tie the friendship bracelet onto your wrist (it's easier to have a friend tie it on for you!).