Delicious chewy chocolate chip pumpkin cookies that are moist, chewy, and full of pumpkin flavor. If you love pumpkin, you’ll love our pumpkin cinnamon rolls!
Watch our step by step video!
Last week was “P” day in kindergarten and each child was asked to bring a food that begins with the letter “P”. Ruby brought popcorn and was so excited to tell me all the different foods she tried that day. She especially liked the pumpkin chocolate chip muffins that one of her friends brought in. Later that day when I asked her what kind of cookies I should make she immediately replied, “Pumpkin Chocolate Chip!”
I’m not usually a fan of the texture of pumpkin cookies. They don’t flatten out and have a dense, cake-like texture. Lucky for you my cookies are soft and chewy.
These pumpkin cookies flatten, are chewy, and resemble good old fashioned soft chocolate chip cookies.
Chewy Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies
(scroll down for printable recipe)
1 c. pumpkin puree
1 c. sugar
3/4 c. butter, softened
2 c. flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. ground cloves
3.4 oz. box vanilla pudding mix
12 oz. bag chocolate chips
Cream butter, sugar and pumpkin puree. Add egg and mix thoroughly. In a separate bowl combine dry ingredients. Combine wet and dry ingredients. Stir in chocolate chips. Use a cookie scoop to drop dough onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
Bake at 350 degrees for 13-15 minutes or until edges are set. Let cool 10 minutes before moving to a wire cooling rack.
3 More Pumpkin Recipes You’ll Love
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies (Printable Recipe)
Chewy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3/4 butter softened
- 1 egg
- 2 cup flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3.4 oz box vanilla pudding mix
- 12 oz bag chocolate chips
- Cream butter, sugar, and pumpkin puree. Add in egg and mix thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl combine dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, pudding mix, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Use a cookie scoop to drop dough onto parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 13-15 minutes, until edges look set.
- Let cool on pan for 10 minutes.
- Transfer to wire rack and cool completely before eating (to allow time to set up)
- Yield 3 dozen cookies.
You might also like this delicious pumpkin cookie recipe from A Latte Food.
Welcome! I'm Brandy, mother to 5 darling kiddos and a cute black lab named Toby. My husband is in the Coast Guard so we've lived all over the place, turning each house into a home. I love baking, sewing, making cute things with my kids, and sharing what I've learned with all of you!