A darling paper Santa craft made from copy paper! Our paper cone Santa stands on its own and comes together in just a few minutes with our printable template. The perfect holiday kids’ craft!
Watch our step by step video!
I just can’t get over how cute these paper Santa Claus cones are. We used craft paper, a coupe of pom poms and craft eyes. I love that it is easy enough for kids to make, and a decoration that you can leave out all season long.
These paper Santas come together in under 5 minutes. My kind of kids craft, and the perfect craft to make with kids (so cute for kindergarten and preschool, right?).
Easy Santa Craft Supplies
Grab your supplies, print out our free printable template, then scroll to the bottom of the post for step by step instructions!
- printable Santa template
- white paper for beard and mustache (copy or construction paper)
- red paper for body (copy or construction paper)
- small pom pom (for top of the hat)
- craft glue
- googly eyes (or markers to draw eyes on)
3 More Christmas Crafts for Kids
How To Make a Paper Santa
Paper Santa Craft
- printable template
- copy paper
- craft eyes
- pom poms
- craft glue
- Use the printable template to cut out 3 pieces: body, beard, mustache.
- Roll the main piece into a cone shape. Secure seam with tape. It should stand on its own. If not just readjust the seam or trim bottom slightly.
- Cut a small slit on the beard piece (it is marked on the template). Glue details on face.
- Slide the tip of the cone through the slit on the face/beard piece. Add white pom pom to top of the hat.
- Let dry. We can't get over how cute and simple this little Santa is!
What other kinds of paper work well for paper Santas?
We’ve used origami paper in the past. It’s thin, easy to work with, and comes in bold colors! Card stock is thicker and would be harder to bend, but you could definitely use it as well.
Welcome! I'm Brandy, mother to 5 darling kiddos and a cute black lab named Toby. My husband is in the Coast Guard so we've lived all over the place, turning each house into a home. I love baking, sewing, making cute things with my kids, and sharing what I've learned with all of you!